Welcome to our new section dedicated to living in Atlanta, Georgia. As the ‘capital’ of the Southern U.S., Atlanta is a destination for people of all ages… even empty nesters or active retiree! Whether you are considering a move to Atlanta or already call this vibrant city home, we are planning to provide you with valuable information, tips, and resources to make the most of your experience.
Atlanta, the capital of Georgia, is a city that offers a perfect blend of southern charm and urban excitement. Known for its diverse neighborhoods, rich history, and thriving arts and culture scene, Atlanta has something to offer everyone, including empty nesters and active retirees.
Neighborhoods for Empty Nesters and Active Retirees
When it comes to choosing a neighborhood in Atlanta, there are plenty of options that cater to the needs and preferences of empty nesters and active retirees. Here are a few neighborhoods worth considering:
- Buckhead: Known for its upscale homes, shopping, and dining options, Buckhead offers a luxurious lifestyle for those looking for a vibrant and energetic community.
- Decatur: With its charming downtown area, tree-lined streets, and easy access to parks and walking trails, Decatur is a popular choice for those seeking a close-knit community with a small-town feel.
- Midtown: If you enjoy being in the heart of the action, Midtown is the place to be. This bustling neighborhood is home to numerous cultural attractions, restaurants, and high-rise condos with stunning views of the city.
- Virginia-Highland: Known for its historic bungalows, trendy boutiques, and local restaurants, Virginia-Highland offers a laid-back and walkable lifestyle.
Activities and Amenities
Atlanta provides a wide range of activities and amenities for empty nesters and active retirees to enjoy. Here are just a few examples:
- Parks and Outdoor Spaces: Atlanta is home to numerous parks and outdoor spaces, including the iconic Piedmont Park and the Atlanta BeltLine, where you can enjoy walking, biking, and various recreational activities.
- Cultural Attractions: From the High Museum of Art to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, there are plenty of cultural attractions to explore and enjoy in Atlanta.
- Attractions: Atlanta boosts many destination attractions, including The World of Coca-Cola, the Georgia Aquarium, and the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
- Golf Courses: Atlanta boasts a variety of golf courses, both public and private, for golf enthusiasts to tee off and enjoy a round of golf.
- Shopping and Dining: With its diverse restaurant scene and shopping destinations like Ponce City Market and Lenox Square, Atlanta offers endless options for foodies and shopaholics.
As an empty nester or active retiree, access to quality healthcare is essential. Fortunately, Atlanta is home to several world-class healthcare facilities, including Emory University Hospital, Piedmont Atlanta Hospital, and Northside Hospital.
If you are looking for a retirement community in Atlanta, you’ll find a variety of options to suit your lifestyle and needs. These communities often provide amenities such as fitness centers, social activities, and on-site healthcare services.
Living in Atlanta as an empty nester or active retiree offers a multitude of opportunities to enjoy a fulfilling and vibrant lifestyle. From its diverse neighborhoods and abundant amenities to its rich cultural scene and excellent healthcare facilities, Atlanta has everything you need to make the most of your retirement years. We hope this introduction has piqued your interest and provided you with a glimpse into what Atlanta has to offer. Stay tuned for more articles and resources to help you navigate your life as an empty nester or active retiree in Atlanta!